‘How To Get Away With Murder’ 6×05 recap: Did Frank die?
Thursday’s episode of How To Get Away With Murder answered the main question from the end of last week’s episode: Did Frank die after being beaten to a bloody pulp and left on Bonnie’s doorstep?
Let’s just dive straight in, shall we?
Frank’s mission gets messy
To answer the question on everyone’s minds right off the bat, no, Frank did not die. But he came close! Let’s back up a second and review how Frank got in this mess. While investigating Laurel’s whereabouts, Frank went to an abandoned warehouse, which is where he found Xavier, who offered him a deal: he’ll tell Frank who the FBI’s informant is in exchange for Frank helping him find Laurel. But Frank says he’d rather kill Xavier than ever have him find her.
As you can probably guess, this doesn’t sit well with Xavier. So he calls over his goons to beat him. Xavier tries again and Frank refuses, so he’s beaten with a baseball bat which is then followed by electrocution. Things aren’t going good for Frank here and it gets worse as a doctor informs Bonnie, Annalise, and Nate that there’s a possibility Frank may have kidney failure, difficulty breathing, issues with motor coordination, and may never walk again.
Michaela has her father… sort of
As I’ve said in past recaps, I’m kind of bored with the Michaela and her father storyline. However, my feelings somewhat changed in this episode due to Annalise’s involvement. So Michaela continues to question Solomon about her being adopted, why he never looked for her, etc. This leads Solomon to offer his long lost daughter the chance to be his business partner, which after some haggling, she agrees to.
Later on, Michaela and Solomon have an argument about why he never bothered to find out if she was okay. He admits that he made a mistake and that it’s the biggest regret of his life. She tells him he can fix it because she ultimately just wants money. Solomon gives her a blank check and tells to take whatever she thinks she deserves.
However, things get much more interesting when Annalise calls the bank to check her account. She’s told that there’s only $2.17 in there and that apparently someone withdrew $280,000. This is when Annalise calls Solomon and tells him that “it’s time to pay up.” UH, SAY WHAT?!
- As Frank regained consciousness, he told Bonnie that he loved her because she’s the only one who’s ever been there for him. The look on Bonnie’s face, however, didn’t seem like she totally reciprocated those feelings.
- This week’s flash-forward was a murder scene, which was predictable since we’re all wondering #WhoKilledAnnalise. Tegan is there because she’s “representing a client” in the case. As the camera pans upstairs, we see a blood handprint and a pool of blood in Gabriel and Asher’s apartment.
- Speaking of Asher, his sister Chloe was back and more annoying than ever. She basically convinces him to come home to visit his sick mother. I just can’t help it’s going to be about more than that.
- Nate is playing with fire and it might get him burned. Not only does Annalise know what he’s been up to with the FBI, but he is also trying to get something on Tegan from her ex-wife.
- Speaking of Tegan, I seriously couldn’t even care to pay attention to her go on about her ex-wife in this episode.
- All in all, this episode was basically filler. However, it set up some, what I believe to be, key moments as we move forward with the rest of the season.
What did you think of the episode? Let me know in the comments below!
How To Get Away With Murder airs Thursdays at 10/9c on ABC.