These are the two words tattooed on each of Robert Sheehan’s hands in his new Netflix show, The Umbrella Academy. Robert stars as Klaus Hargreeves/Number Four, one of seven gifted children adopted by Reginald Hargreeves. Klaus has the ability to communicate with the dead, but his powers have long since been hindered by the drug addiction that he developed as a teenager.
I immediately connected with Klaus while speed binging through the show in less than 48 hours; I couldn’t turn it off and honestly didn’t want to. He was seemingly carefree, but in reality was weighed down by his traumatizing upbringing and the ghosts of his past literally following him around.
Before you dive down into the deep hole that is fandom, here are the Top 10 things that you need to know about Robert Sheehan to get you started.
10. He’s Irish.
9. But his Russian and American accents are pretty impressive.
8. He can code switch between the wacky part of his personality and talking about serious topics so easily.
7. He has appeared in over 20 films, including the Netflix film Mute.
6. He truly cares about helping the environment and encourages his fans to do the same.
I’ve just signed this petition to stop oil companies drilling in south-east England’s National Parks!
Please help: https://t.co/DhvtWMGPJr
— Robert Sheehan (@RobMSheehan) March 16, 2018
— Robert Sheehan (@RobMSheehan) February 15, 2018
5. KING! OF! FASHION!
4. He’s only been on Instagram for a little more than a year, but he’s graced us with so many iconic selfies in that short time.
3. You should watch all of Misfits, but here’s a compilation of Nathan’s best scenes from Season 1 to convince you.
2. The line between Robert and his characters is sometimes blurred.
1. He’s just an overall amazing person that everyone wants to be friends with.