In “The Not-So-Great Escape” Ramona wants to bolt from her new school. It’s her first week and things aren’t going well so Jackson offers his assistance. Things go woefully wrong, earning both kids detention. DJ and Kimmy disagree on their punishments and it becomes a point of contention between the best friends. Stephanie also pretends to be a single mom to get a date and Max gets to pick out a new puppy.
Here’s the Fuller House 411:
- Tommy looking up at the ceiling for some inexplicable reason or maybe to drive his Aunt Stephanie mad.
- We meet DJs new love interest, Matt.
- Max shops for a new puppy and it is adorableness overload.
- Kimmy suffering parental guilt. Great moment with Andrea Barber.
- DJs assistant at the vet leaves work because she has to…take her dog to the vet. Another vet.
- Stephanie, the puppies, and the boys get skunked after someone mistakes the malodorous animal as an abandoned pet. A little too ridiculous and it was painful to see those gorgeous pups drenched in tomato soup.
- Max’s new dog, Cosmo, comes from Comet’s lineage.
- Oh, Mylanta!
— Fuller House (@fullerhouse) March 8, 2016
Kimmy: Good morning Sister Wife.
Jackson: Whew, I’m exhausted. I was up all night erupting my volcano.
Stephanie: Whoa. Dude. TMI. (That’s right, Fuller House is naughty in a way Full House never was.)
“The Not-So-Great Escape” was not-so-great. Stephanie had a better meet-cute with her coffee guy than DJ did with Matt. And the kid storyline didn’t hold my interest, although I liked the part about Kimmy and DJ addressing their parental differences. Barber demonstrated genuine regret, fear, and guilt in that moment. Something all parents can relate to at some time or another. Her scene was the best part of that storyline. The gag with Tommy was the funniest part of the episode.
- Don Van Atta was an executive producer on Full House. Ramona and Jackson attend Van Atta Junior High.
- I had to know if the baby inspired the looking up bit or if they wrote it that way so I contacted Jeff Franklin @fullhouseguy and he said:
“The baby was fascinated with the boom mike so we wrote it in. It worked perfectly! Full house baby luck continues!”
What was your fave part of episode 4? Was it Max and his bologna cologne? Meeting Matt? Share your thoughts below!