It’s “Moving Day” on the second episode of Fuller House. While Kimmy rejoices at finally moving in, DJ’s son Jackson isn’t happy with all the sudden changes in his life.
Here’s the 411 breakdown:
- Kimmy gets a parental win by tossing Ramona’s cell phone into the house after her daughter swears she won’t go in. Evil and effective!
- Kimmy’s excitement about finally moving into 1882 Gerard Street.
- Baby butt dial. Joey and Jesse always made mistakes as newbie, surrogate parents. Now it’s Stephanie and Kimmy’s turn, but with a modern twist.
- When DJ explains to Jackson how sharing her room with Stephanie turned out to be the best thing for their relationship and it will do the same for him and Max.
- Group hug! And Jesse’s knowing, twinkly smile as he witnesses it.
- DJ literally sugarcoats everything, as she attempts to bake her way into Jackson’s favor after making him move into a room with younger brother Max.
- Fried chicken
- Uncle Jesse and his guitar Priscilla
- Reference to DJ running away to the garage in Full House– S1E1 Our Very First Show
- “Have mercy.”
- “How rude.”
- Elvis’ “Burning love.”
Ramona: “The Fuller’s are like albino polar bears, drinking milk, in a snowstorm, watching Frozen.”
Kimmy: “That’s pretty white.”
Kimmy to Stephanie: ”Come here, sister-wife.”
This still feels like a pilot and therefore is a little rough. There’s some cute moments, but the show hasn’t quite found its legs just yet.
Jackson’s dialogue is very similar to what DJ said to Danny after she ran away.
Jackson: I just got mad. I mean, first dad dies, then we all have to move in here, now there’s more people moving in here and to top it all off I lose my room.
D.J.: It’s just not fair! First I lose my mom, then Grandma leaves, and now I lose my own room. Everything just keeps disappearing.
In Full House they only played “Heartbreak Hotel” when referencing Elvis, except at Jesse and Rebecca’s wedding. The couple’s first song was “Jailhouse Rock” because Jesse had been in the slammer right beforehand.
What did you think of episode 2? Did you like the echo of Full House we saw in “Moving Day?” Share your thoughts below.