It’s January 24th which means a special Happy Birthday is in order for Justin Baldoni!!!
I’m sure you all know this talented, kind-hearted, and handsome fella stars on Jane The Virgin as Rafael Solano. But Justin also does a lot of things besides acting, things which reflect what a great guy he is, one that spreads love and positivity.
Want to know why he’s so darn amazing? Here are eight reasons:
- He’s a family man; the outpouring of love and appreciation he has for his lovely wife, Emily, and two children, Maiya and Maxwell, is simply heart-warming. All of his family-related Instagram posts are beautifully crafted. These are just a few.
Happy birthday to my help-mate, my best friend, and my love @emilybaldoni. I was going to write this super long post about how much I love you and how grateful I am for you… I'm just going to do my best to show you. Thank you for loving me and putting up with me sweetheart. #happybirthday #wifegoals (Also- go follow her! She's way way way more interesting than me ❤️) – photo @tjmanou
(Please, don't just "like" this photo- instead please read it and tag someone who needs these words today.) _____________________________________________________ I'm heavy. We all are. The world is dark right now. But as we all know- darkness is simply the absence of light. But the amazing thing about light, is that even the tiniest amount can eradicate darkness. So, no matter how dark the world looks, if we allow ourselves to look for it – we can always find that light- we can always find a reason to smile. Here is one of mine. Today, this week, this month. I challenge you all, to look for a reason to smile. And then to look for ways to make SOMEONE else smile. Because "Love and unity come hard when we fix our gaze on otherness" I'm not asking you to abandon your pain, or to stop thinking of and praying for the victims and their families of this and all the other atrocious acts of hate. I'm not asking you to stop posting about policy or politics. Action is not just necessary- it's paramount. But I am asking for you to simply look for the good that exists in this world at the same time. The beauty of the human heart is that it can simultaneously hold both joy and pain. These feelings are not mutually exclusive of each other. So while you're hurting, and mourning, and crying. While you feel the world is dark…don't let yourself drowned. Instead, give yourself permission to look for a reason to smile, to be joyful, and to have hope. Because we aren't built to hold all of the worlds pain by ourselves. But we are built to love. So – look for hope today. I will be looking right along side you. Because I believe that hope exists … I have to. Our future depends on it. #dearmaiya #hope #unity #love
I have so much I want to say. So many thoughts and feelings and emotions over the last three weeks. So much love and adoration for my wife and everything she went through to bring Maxwell into this world. So much appreciation and adoration for my daughter. So much respect, admiration and compassion for our parents (and parents everywhere). Just so much. But right now there isn’t much time for writing- but there is time to share and send a little bit of love from my family to yours. #dearmaiya #dearmaxwell #parenthood
HOLD UP! I mean, we can’t forget the most creative proposal we’ve ever seen. The video has more than 11 MILLION VIEWS!
2. His documentary series, called My Last Days, does amazing work by letting people share their stories about terminal illness. They talk about making the best of their lives and how to make a positive impact on the world. He is also the founder of Wayfarer Entertainment, which helps “create disruptively inspirational content to celebrate and elevate the human experience.”
3. Justin also developed a male talk show called Man Enough. The show focuses on discussion aimed at dismantling the stigma of what it means to be “man enough” in our day in age. He’s raising awareness about a very important topic: allowing men to speak up about their experiences, emotions and how they see themselves, something the masculine constraints of society has largely denied them.
4. He gave an amazingly eloquent Ted Talk at last November’s TedWomen Conference in New Orleans. He spoke about his struggles with fitting into society’s expectations of being a man and redefining masculinity.
5. He’s a great friend! Just recently, YouTube sensation Lilly Singh had one of the guest stars for her “12 Collabs of Xmas” special cancel at the last minute. Because he’s such a supporting and caring friend, Justin came to the rescue in a matter of hours and we got The Struggles of Dating Someone TOO Hot. Obviously, friend goals!
6. He does this really cool thing where he gives motivational/inspirational talks at universities. You can read all about his talk at University of California Riverside here.
7. We all love him on Jane The Virgin! (Team Rafael, anyone?) 😉
8. He’s a stuuuud. *insert heart eyes emoji*
If you didn’t love him already, did this list make you fall in love with him?
Happy Birthday again, Justin! Keep being amazing!