Just a few short months ago, you probably never heard the name Timothée Chalamet. Even if you had heard of him, his face would not be one you would recognize on the street, much less be able to pronounce his name correctly. (Incidentally, say it like Timothy Shall-uh-may.)
As this year’s awards show darling, Timothée’s fanbase is growing at an unprecedented speed. He went from 10,000 instagram followers to 536,000 and counting in a three month time span. I put together a guide of the Top 10 moments that will tell you all you need to know to start stanning Timothée Chalamet.
10. He is fluent in French.
9. He had a small, recurring role on Homeland.
8. He has the sweetest bromance with Call Me By Your Name co-star Armie Hammer.
7. He is friends with LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts classmate and fellow Golden Globe nominee Ansel Elgort.
Laguardia high school pride. It's really crazy, Timmy and I played on the same basketball team, we had the same drama teacher Mr.Shifman, we had the same science teacher Mr.Singh, and then in the same year, both of us are nominated for a f$&king Golden Globe!!! Living the dream sitting courtside at the Knicks game together. Life is crazy. Congrats to you Timmy ❤️(also @eneskanter11 gave me his shoes post win over the celtics)
6. He recently finished a film with Woody Allen that will be out later this year, but he will be donating his salary to charity.
5. In addition to the Woody Allen movie, he has two other film projects coming in 2018: Beautiful Boy and Hot Summer Nights.
4. He stole everyone’s heart as Kyle in Lady Bird.
3. He stars in a little movie called Call Me By Your Name.
2. His monologue performances are breathtaking.
1. If acting doesn’t work out, he will always have a rap career to fall back on.