Netflix’s Fuller House is back with the second half of season 3. These nine episodes brought a lot of changes for the Fuller-Tanner family, and ultimately, the entire series as a whole. I decided to write my first thoughts/reactions to each episode as I binge-watched these episodes over the Christmas holiday. Basically, this post is everything I would have put on Twitter if I had decided to live-tweet the entire thing. Keep reading to see what I thought.
3×10 — “My Best Friend’s Japanese Wedding”
- This isn’t our normal opening/love letter to San Fransisco. They are really going there with the Japan episode.
- Rose and Max are kind of the best part of Fuller House.
- How can no one see that this wedding is doomed?
- NO! DJ, YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO SAY NO!
- Who decided to let Fernando take Rose and Max to Hello Kitty land? This has disaster written all over it.
- The toilet ate CJ’s wedding dress….really?
- Of course Ramona meets a boy in Japan. Because of course she does.
- Why is Kimmy not telling DJ the most important part, that Steve ended up not saying anything just because he saw Matt propose to DJ? STEVE STILL LOVES HER.
- I definitely did not see Ramona’s “true love” being a Japanese pop star in a band called SEXY TIME.
- Steve didn’t marry CJ, what a shocker. NOT.
- And DJ broke off her engagement to Matt….. Just like that, ladies and gentlemen, it was over before it even really began. Thank gosh.
3×11 — “Troller Coaster”
- “Real courage looks fear in the eye and says: ‘not today fear.’” I need to apply this to my own life.
- Steve and DJ trying to have their serious conversation on a roller coaster. Only on television, y’all.
- I would definitely be Jackson in this roller coaster situation, freaking out and fearing for my life.
- “I’ve waited twenty years for you, what’s one more month?” OMG MY FEELINGS
- THAT KISS THO
3×12 — “Fast Times at Bayview High”
- “I’ve got a good feeling about this.” “You’ve had a lot of good feelings today.”
- “Choreog. The -og makes it cooler.” The lines so far are lame. Except for Max’s, because everything that comes out of his mouth I immediately want to be my life motto.
- The over-reaction by EVERYONE to Jackson’s slipping is just stupid.
- I understand he’s upset about being dumped in Japan, but now Matt is just being a complete asshole.
- Since when does a kiss on New Year’s Eve not count, Jackson?
- I need a gif of Max dressed as a gangsta saying “the haters gonna hate, the players gonna play” ASAP
- Another “proposal”? That was fast. But using the toy ring was cute.
3×13 — “A Tommy Tale”
- Is this how parents really are with their kids? Overreacting whenever they do the simplest things?
- Pioneer Day is kind of the stupidest thing ever.
- Not much more to say: this was my least favorite of the first four episodes. UPDATE: This was my least favorite episode of season 3B.
3×14 — “Surrogate City”
- “You’re 15 years old. Why are you having a mid-life crisis?” Max’s one-liners are the best thing ever.
- Why does Jimmy look like a Mormon missionary getting ready to knock on doors during his first scene of the episode?
- Fernando acting like an old Jewish man is kind of the best thing ever.
- Am I ever going to be able to see McNuggets the same way ever again? Probably not.
- Of course Kimmy is going to be Stephanie and Jimmy’s surrogate. BECAUSE OF COURSE SHE IS.
3×15 — “Soul Sisters”
- “I heard Grandpa Danny bought it in a garage sale in 1908.” Just how old do these kiddos think Danny is?
- I’m trying really hard to erase the image of Kimmy and Fernando in a hot tub full of jello from my mind.
- STEVE! WITH FLOWERS! BE STILL MY HEART.
- 12 roses to symbolize the 12 days until their date? If I wasn’t already on #TeamSteve, this would have done me in.
- Matt and Steve are back to being a great BROTP. I approve.
- HOLD UP, Matt cannot actually be opening a competing pet care clinic, can he? Has he really turned into that much of an asshole? I’d rather him just never be seen again.
- MISS SUZY… I haven’t heard that rhyme in years. So many childhood memories flooding back all of a sudden.
- “I would be the luckiest mom in the world to have a kid with a little Kimmy Gibler flavor.” It’s amazing to see how far we’ve come with the Stephanie-Kimmy friendship since the original show. One of my favorite parts of Fuller House, hands down.
3×16 — “Happily Ever After”
- OMG THE STEVE COUNTDOWN CALENDAR ON THE FRIDGE FEATURES FOOD. THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.
- Jackson’s friend’s crush on DJ at first gave me “Stacy’s Mom” vibes. But now it isn’t cute anymore; it’s just creepy and weird.
- “Don’t worry, I’ll be dressed as a prince. But, when am I not?” MAX FOR THE WIN
- The Fernando-Tommy relationship was unexpected but adorable nonetheless.
- GIRL TALK IS BACK.
- Ramona should just forget her Japanese popstar boyfriend and start dating Chad Brad Bradley. I anticipate that being a thing sooner rather than later.
- DJ AND STEVE — FINALLY AN OFFICIAL THING. AND THAT KISS. HALLELUJAH.
3×17 — “Fullers in a Fog”
- Jesse and Joey showing up in the same outfits as when they moved in has me all up in my feels.
- OMG THEY’RE DRIVING IN THE RED CONVERTIBLE AND SINGING THE THEME SONG
- Rocky really is her mother’s daughter.
- “It seems a little hokie.” “Are you new here? This is what we do.”
- Anything with Steve and DJ makes me happy.
- The entire date scene might be the best thing Fuller House has ever done.
- Forever referring to Mario Lopez as “The Human Dimple.”
- And look at that, Ramona’s Japanese boyfriend is no longer.
3×18 — “Here Comes the Sun”
- WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? LONZO BALL IS IN FULLER HOUSE? HOW DID THIS NOT GET SPOILED FOR ME?
- Steve fantasizing over Lonzo’s feet is sooooooo weird but I can’t stop laughing. It’s kind of the best thing ever.
- Lonzo isn’t actually a terrible actor. Don’t @ me.
- “I’m the number two pick again.” OMG WHOEVER WROTE THIS LINE, I LOVE YOU. And clearly, if you can’t tell, I like the NBA.
- “You’re my dream girl. You have been since the day we met.” Steve and DJ are everything I need in life. Literally the only reason I keep watching Fuller House.
- Max taking the shot of chocolate milk is so me.
- Jesse and Joey bought back The Smash Club. We’re coming full circle and I kind of love it.
- They brought back Vicky too? I’m here for this.
- OMG VICKY IS THROWING SO MUCH SHADE. YASSSSSS.
- JESSE AND THE RIPERS. This really is the best episode ever.
- REALLY WRITERS? Just as I finally feel good about Steve and DJ, you have Steve take the Lakers’ job? WHAT THE HELL?
- MAX AND ROSE REUNITED. ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD.
- Here comes the cheesy musical ending. God, I love this show. (Watch below)
- KIMMY IS PREGNANT WITH STEPHANIE AND JIMMY’S BABY!
- “Well Mr. T, now that I’m carrying your grandchild, we’re officially family.” “Kimmy, we always were.” SO GOOD. What a great way to end the season finale.
Let’s hope Netflix renews Fuller House for a season four. I need DJ and Steve to walk down the aisle and for them, Jackson, Max and Tommy to all be one big, happy family.