It’s the most wonderful time of the year: “The Bachelorette” is back, y’all, and I could not be more excited! Rachel Lindsay, our Bachelorette this season, impressed me from the moment she came out of the limo to greet Nick last season. I immediately knew that if she was not the girl that Nick picked in the end, I wanted her to be the next Bachelorette. Now it is finally her turn to shine and hopefully find love with the man of her dreams. With that being said, here are 21 thoughts that I had while watching the season 13 premiere of “The Bachelorette.”
1. Rachel continues to impress me. I always liked how realistic and honest she was about her thoughts regarding the process last season and whether or not it could work. As the Bachelorette, she continues to be open about her thoughts and it’s made her so enjoyable to watch.
2. Kenny is going to pull at my heartstrings all season. When they first showed the clip of him wrestling, I was afraid this was going to be “Rated R” all over again. However, then they showed him with his ten-year old daughter, and his smile lit up the screen. He’s the only one with a child this season (that we know of) and the parents always make me emotional, without a doubt.
3. I can’t tell if Waboom! guy (aka Lucas) is for real or not. Either way, he’s definitely ending up in Paradise later this summer.
4. HOW THE HELL DOES DIGGY HAVE 575 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS? I probably have about 30 pairs of shoes in general and struggle to keep them all in rotation. I won’t hold that against him though. He’s soooo cute — Rachel is one lucky girl.
5. I have mixed feelings about Josiah. On the one hand, his story about his older brother is heartbreaking and made me tear up. I really think that whole incident, and its aftermath, changed the outcome of his life. In the mansion, however, he’s already proved to be doin’ too much. He’s got good intentions, but you can only be so sure of yourself before it comes off as cocky and just flat out unattractive.
6. I love the moment at the mansion between Rachel and her girl squad from Nick’s season. Usually, they invite back recent Bachelorettes to give the newbie advice on what to expect. But I like that they picked the people who know her the best: the girls from her season. It also shows how close the girls from Nick’s season are and how important the friendships you make on the show can become.
7. Rachel’s guys are extremely attractive. Every time another one got out of the limo, I was like, “Damn. Rachel is one lucky girl.”
8. They are also so into her. I can’t remember the last time that the guys were so open about how attractive they thought the Bachelorette was. It’s refreshing to see. While attraction shouldn’t be the only part of a relationship, it should be a component of it.
9. Helloooooooooooo Bryan. I knew he was going to get the first impression rose from the moment he stepped out of the limo and charmed Rachel with his Spanish. Their connection became even more evident during their first conversation. Also, it doesn’t hurt that he’s so freaking attractive.
10. Points to Will for the “Family Matters” inspired entrance. This is probably my favorite pop-culture inspired entrance EVER. And Wells brought All-4-One out last season.
11. Dean won me over again. I thought his first line to Rachel about wanting to go black and never back, despite being a little awkward, was adorable. He’s definitely genuine and it showed even more tonight.
12. DeMario is going to bring the drama. The fact that the girls from Nick’s season already warned Rachel about him before night one even started is a big red flag. I know Rachel wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just hope she proceeds with caution around him.
13. How do these guys come up with these entrances? Seriously, what in the world made Blake E. think that a marching band was a good idea?
14. I have a lot of questions for Fred. For example, did he sign up for the show knowing Rachel was going to be the Bachelorette? Or did he just want to go through the process and found out it was going to be her later on? If he was into Rachel, why didn’t he just contact her himself since he has known her since he was in the third grade? Either way, I still can’t decide if this whole thing is romantic or creepy. I’m leaning towards the latter and I think Rachel is too.
15. What was the purpose of Adam Jr.? That might have been the most unnecessary and pointless gimmick for a first impression I’ve ever seen.
16. Did we really already have our first contestant confrontation of the season? We seriously couldn’t make it out of night one without this occurring?
17. 31 guys is A LOT. It might have been raining men, but at some point, it clearly became overwhelming — and I wasn’t even in the room. When guys started constantly interrupting, it got a little cringe-worthy if I’m being completely honest. With that being said, I can only imagine what it was like for both Rachel and the guys on that night.
18. Rachel’s guys are hysterical. I found myself cracking up at some of the jokes they made. They have a lot personality and I’m excited to see the personalities come out even more throughout the rest of the season.
19. Some of them, though, are a little too confident. Josiah’s reaction, for example, to the first impression rose was way too over-the-top. When he grabbed the rose and put it in his front jacket pocket, I knew it was going to be the kiss of death. It was clear that his confidence might be over-compensating for lack of something else.
20. My favorites (as of now): Bryan, Kenny, Dean, Diggy & Peter.
21. This season is going to be different. From the moment Rachel was announced as the new Bachelorette–before Nick had even sent her home–it was obvious that her season would be unlike any other. We’ve seen some of the differences already: from meeting some of her guys at After the Final Rose to Chris Harrison announcing her men live on Facebook last week to just the sheer amount of diversity within the group of guys that was cast. I cannot wait to see what other surprises Rachel will be met with this season.
What did you guys think about the premiere of “The Bachelorette”? How did Rachel do as the new Bachelorette? Which guys are your favorites? Let me know in the comments below.