The entire cast of season 24 of “Dancing with the Stars” was announced earlier today on “Good Morning America.”
The pairings for the new season are:
- Olympic gymnast Simone Biles, 19, and Sasha Farber, 33.
- Olympic figure skater Nancy Kerrigan, 47, and Artem Chigvintsev, 34.
- Former “Glee” star and Beyoncé backup dancer Heather Morris, 30, and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, 37.
- Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei, 20, and Valentin Chmerkovskiy, 30.
- Singer and “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Erika Girardi (a.k.a. Erika Jayne), 45, and Gleb Savchenko, 33.
- Legendary TV personality Charo, 65, and Keo Motsepe, 27.
- “The Bachelor” star Nick Viall, 36, and Peta Murgatroyd, 30.
- Actor and former wrestler Mr. T, 64, and Kym (Johnson) Herjavec, 40.
- Former “Saturday Night Live” star Chris Kattan, 46, and Witney Carson, 23.
- Professional bull rider and model Bonner Bolton, 29, and Sharna Burgess, 31.
- Former Chicago Cubs catcher David Ross, 39, and Lindsay Arnold, 23.
- NFL free agent Rashad Jennings, 31, and Emma Slater, 28.
As a someone who has watched every single season of the show since the beginning, I consider myself to be quite the fanatic of the show. I take the casting and the performances each week seriously, perhaps more than I should. With that being said, I thought I would share 13 thoughts I had while watching the casting announcement on “Good Morning America” this morning.
1. I consider myself to be pretty in-the-know about pop culture but I have no idea who most of the cast is. To say I was immediately underwhelmed is an understatement.
2. Why can’t they give Keo someone good? I just think he is so talented and deserves to be paired with someone who actually has a chance to win.
3. I guess they didn’t want to give Val another Olympic gymnast two seasons in a row?
4. Heather Morris is a professional dancer. Don’t get me wrong, I was a big fan of her on “Glee” but I think this might be the most unfair casting yet.
5. Mr. T is clearly going to be the comical relief this season.
6. How did Heather and Maks end up as a partners? That’s just not fair.
7. Hellooooooo Rashad Jennings. 😉 Might be my new crush, forreal. I’m excited to see him dance with Emma, especially because athletes tend to do well in the competition.
8. We haven’t had a cowboy since Ty Murray in Season 8. I feel like Bonner Bolton’s southern charm is going to win me over.
9. Why is Allison Holker not a pro this year?
10. David Ross is our first MLB player to grace the dance floor. Athletes tend to do well so I’m curious to see how he will fare.
11. Charo kind of scares me. Actually, scratch that. She really scares me.
12. I’m curious to see Nick Viall dance and if/how the show impacts his relationship. DWTS was reportedly not easy on previous “Bachelor” couples who had just gotten engaged like Jake Pavelka and Vienna Giardi and Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff.
13. My early guess is that Heather Morris and Simone Biles will be in the finale.
Season 24 of “Dancing with the Stars” premieres March 20 at 8 p.m. EST on ABC