Christmas came early with the season 4 trailer for The 100 last week (bless the crew’s hearts), but call me greedy – I still have a mile long wish list for the upcoming season of the hit CW show, and my heart will be hoping and praying until February.
Note: these opinions are entirely my own and the result of my day dreaming.
- Bellamy and Roan, team bros with strong jaws. I’m dying for an alliance to be struck between Azgeda and Skaikru, sure, but mostly, I’m excited to see what kind of partnerships will form, especially between these two. We got a few glimpses of what that kind of teamwork looks like at the end of Season 3, and while that may have been a mutually beneficial yet begrudging partnership, it all ended okay (erm, alive?), and I think we can move forward, don’t you? Roan and Bellamy are both sarcastic, brooding leaders, and put them with Clarke and let’s call it a dream team. (Extra points for Raven, too.)
- Truthfully, I’m team #KingRoan, and I want to see the rise of him and Azgeda, but I want to see him lead differently than his mother, than Ontari and past Azgedan leaders. Let’s see his backstory. Let’s see him work with Clarke and the Skaikru, even with Luna and Indra and other Grounder leaders. Let’s find out how we can all come together and, I don’t know, survive the apocalypse again. World peace, or something like that. Too optimistic?
- I’m going to need some Griffin Women Take Over The World scenes, but mostly, I just need them in the same room, having conversations with each other. It’s rare that we see the Griffin women together, and even more unusual that they aren’t butting heads. But last season, we saw that no matter what, they love each other. Period. With these two back in the same location for, hopefully, the foreseeable future (however long we really have), I’m ready for the Griffin women to be mother and daughter, and friends, too. (Again, extra points for all these scenes plus adopted Griffin-daughter Raven, too.)
- While we’re talking about Abby Griffin, more Kabby. Just a season full of Kabby love. Let them hug and kiss and all that good stuff (wink wink), and then stay in the same place for more than an hour, please. (Extra points for any domestic scenes like when she was napping on the couch and he was just near her, working quietly, letting her rest. Swoon.)
- Murphy, our dark and twisty, complicated antihero, is someone I’m always hoping to see more of, and I’m excited for him to be back among the delinquents and the people of Arkadia – hand in hand with Emori. On that note, how will his grifter girlfriend fit in among the delinquents? (Something tells me that she and Raven could get along really well, if we let them. Two girls, who grew up looking out for themselves, always fighting and scrapping to get by? Hell. Yes.)
- Monty. Please, please, we need to see the serious trauma he experienced be addressed. Everyone’s experienced heartache and trauma all along, and I get that – but Monty had to kill his mother to save his friend after he was partly brainwashed/following her and she tried to turn him against all his friends. All this almost as soon as they were reunited after he had thought she was dead for months. It’s a lot to take, especially for someone as optimistic as Monty. It’s not something you just move on from – so let Monty grieve, in all its roughness and ugliness. While he’s there, stuck in his darkest place, I’d love to see Jasper be there for him, whether Monty is ready to admit he’s struggling or not (some role reversal). These two came back together in last season’s finale, and their friendship has been one for the history books. It’s been tried and rough, but best friends mean for life, right?
- Speaking of dark: dark side Octavia is a storyline that I, for one, am excited for. Tell me how many female characters transform in the ways she has, and still, will. She’s gone from the girl under the floor, a silent secret from the world, to powerful warrior making her presence known. She is far from perfect, and she’s done some horrible, ugly things – but let the story address those things. Let’s see her derail in her grief and anger, and let’s hopefully, please, see her find her way back, make apologies and find some peace. However, that may be. It’s a journey I’m ready for.
- Call me crazy, but I’m hoping to see more of Jaha. He’s unlikable, even hateable, a cockroach that you can’t get rid of – and yet, there’s still more to him. He’s a man who’s tried to do the right thing for his people, he just…wasn’t that great at it. He’s made some big mistakes, and he needs to steer clear of any decision making, but still. Let’s see how he handles the aftermath of the City of Light and ALIE. Let’s see how he manages to co-exist with the people of Arkadia, and if he can find redemption or if he simply just stands back from it all, not trusting himself anymore.
- Niylah and Octavia. They had a moment in the trading post, and we all saw them in the trailer. The friendship I’m here for, shipping I’m so here for. However, they come together, whatever they mean to each other – bring it on.
- While there are strong opinions every which way on this (which I completely respect), I’d be lying to myself if I didn’t add Bellarke to the list. I love their journey and the pace of it. They’ve gone from adversaries to co-leaders to friends who mean something more to each other. They depend on each other, and they’re vulnerable with each other in a way they aren’t with the others. It’s a deep understanding, and it’s been developing for three seasons now – during which they’ve loved others, all love stories in their own rights. We’ve had patience, and we can find more. I’m ready for these two to be back on the same team, leading together (which we were seeing again toward the end of Season 3). They’ve forgiven each other, and they’ve always been better together – so what’s next? While I’m sure these two will be just a little preoccupied saving their people and the world, again, I’m ready to see them taking more steps toward that something more. Give me domestic moments. Give me them checking in on each other, and leaning on each other in the small, quiet, stolen moments. And if by the end of the season, we have some confessed feelings and even just one kiss – I, for one, wouldn’t hate that.
Oh, and of course, my most wanted item: for these people to find a way to survive the apocalypse. Live. Please.
Anything I left off this list that you’d love to see next season? Leave a comment!