To battle unparalleled supernatural forces, Batman must combine efforts with a new team of heroes – led by occult specialist John Constantine – in the next DC Universe Original Movie, Justice League: Dark. Produced by Warner Bros., Animation, and DC Entertainment, the full-length animated film will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on February 7, 2017.
Justice League: Dark will be available as a Blu-ray™ Deluxe Giftset ($39.99 SRP), which features an exclusive Constantine figurine; a Blu-ray™ Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP); and as a DVD ($19.98 SRP). The film will be available to own on Digital HD ($19.99 HD, $14.99 SD) starting January 24, 2017.
When innocent civilians start committing unthinkable crimes across Metropolis, Gotham City and beyond; Batman finds that he must then call upon mystical counterparts to eradicate this demonic threat to the planet. Enter Justice League Dark, the team which is reluctantly led by the Hellblazer himself, John Constantine. Like Batman, Constantine is a cunning, often cynical loner who is the best at his chosen profession. He quickly realizes the sinister forces plaguing the planet will require help from other supernatural alliances and forms a new “league” comprised of sorceress Zatanna, otherworldly Deadman, Jason Blood and his powerful alter ego Etrigan the Demon. This team of Dark Arts specialists must unravel the mystery of Earth’s supernatural plague and contend with the rising, powerful villainous forces behind the siege – before it’s too late for all of mankind.
Actor Matt Ryan, who set the standard for the role of Constantine on the Warner Bros. live-action television series, returns to the role in animated form alongside Jason O’Mara (Terra Nova, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as Batman, Camilla Luddington (Grey’s Anatomy) as Zatanna, Nicholas Turturro (NYPD Blue) as Deadman, Ray Chase (Final Fantasy XV video game) as Jason Blood/Etrigan, Roger R. Cross (24, Arrow) as John Stewart/Swamp Thing, Jeremy Davies (Justified) as Ritchie Simpson, Rosario Dawson (Daredevil, Sin City) as Wonder Woman, Jerry O’Connell (Stand By Me, Crossing Jordan) as Superman, Enrico Colantoni (Flashpoint, Veronica Mars) as Felix Faust, and Alfred Molina (The Da Vinci Code, Spider-Man 2) as Destiny.
Justice League Dark is directed by Jay Oliva (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) and written by J.M. DeMatteis and Ernie Altbacker (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) and teleplay by Ernie Altbacker. Sam Register is Executive Producer. Benjamin Melniker & Michael Uslan (The Dark Knight trilogy) are co-executive producers. James Tucker (Batman Bad Blood, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders) is Supervising Producer.
Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing, says:
The chance to bring to life these amazing, complex characters–Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman and Swamp Thing – and the potential for their future adventures makes Justice League Dark a very exciting entry into the DC Universe Original Movies canon. We are especially excited and honored to have Matt Ryan reprise his TV role as Constantine in this animated film.
Justice League Dark Enhanced Content Includes:
Blu-ray™ Deluxe Giftset and Blu-ray™
- A Sneak Peek at Teen Titans: The Judas Contract: An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.
- The Story of Swamp Thing (Featurette): Born out of the imagination of Len Wein and artist Bernie Wrightson, Justice League Dark’s Swamp Thing had his own solo adventures throughout the history of DC. This documentary reveals the rich history of this fan favorite.
- Did You Know? Constantine origin, Color of Magic, Black Orchid, and Deadman Casting (Featurette): The creators of Justice League Dark will reveal surprising behind-the-scenes tidbits about the characters – and the actors providing their voices – during the production of the film.
- 2016 NY Comic Con Panel (Featurette): A look inside Justice League Dark’s panel at New York Comic-Con.
- Sneak Peek at Justice League: Gods and Monsters
- Sneak Peek at Justice League: Doom
- From the DC Vault – Two Bonus Episodes –
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Dawn of the Dead Man! “Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Trials of the Demon!”
A Sneak Peek at Teen Titans: The Judas Contract: An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.