Timeless fans! Last night was another rollercoaster of an episode, and as crazy as it was to see Nazi Germany (and Sean Maguire play a fantastic British spy) all I could think about was the amount of preparation i.e. clothing Mason has on hand to travel to different eras. Seriously I’d love to see that costume room, so just for fun, I thought about the time travel era’s and events I’d visit just to enjoy seeing the past (and slipping into a few of those costumes).
Without further ado,
- 1940’s post-WWII America – I can’t resist the 40’s (blame Captain America for that one), and it would be awesome to walk through the places I know well in the present to see how different they were back then.
- April 1912 Location: Southampton, England. I’ve spent the whole of my life fascinated by the Titanic, and I can only imagine standing there as it leaves the docks. (Though I’d have a hard time like Wyatt in resisting trying to save everyone on board).
- Sunday, August 15, 1965, Location: Shea Stadium. I grew up listening to the Beatles (courtesy of my father who’s a huge fan) and if I had the chance I’d take him with me to see their most famous concert. Even if the sounds of screaming girls killed my hearing, it would be worth it!
- Thursday, November 19, 1863, Location: Gettysburg, PA. The Civil War was one of (if not the) bloodiest war in American history. Standing there during the two minutes when Abraham Lincoln gives one of his most famous speeches that turned the tides in favor of the Union would be one of the most momentous experiences I can think of. (If I got to try on Lucy’s dress I’d love that too, haha).
- December 16, 1773, Location: Boston Harbor. The Boston Tea Party is well known for sparking the conflict between the American colonies and British Parliament that eventually led to the American Revolutionary War in 1775. However, I’d just want to visit and yell at the party “LOOK AT ALL THE TEA YOU ARE WASTING!” ahem discreetly of course.
Timeless fans, what would your top five time periods or events to visit be if you could hop into the machine with Wyatt, Lucy, and Rufus?
Timeless airs Mondays at 10/9 c on NBC.