Timeless fans! Monday’s episode was another rollercoaster, and I’m loving this show more and more each week. Seeing the different time periods come to life appealed to my inner history geek, and I thought why not come up with my own personal time travel ripples? (Fair warning these will be silly, and I cannot be held responsible for how much you laugh at my consequences.)
Without further ado here are my top five strangest time travel consequences!
- Somewhere back in the ages if Wyatt, Lucy, and Rufus mess with the wrong artist, the world’s most threatening color is not black…but ORANGE! That’s right Halloween just became that much scarier, and Darth Vader in the original Star Wars films is sporting a very different suit.
- The Titanic was a great ship….that absolutely no one, but avid historians have heard of. It narrowly misses the iceberg that caused it’s original demise and served for many years….never quite living down that near miss and quickly losing the “Unsinkable” title anyways.
- The Wizard of Oz is tragically no longer a movie icon as last minute script changes insisted by MGM turned the brick road to green, the slippers to purple, and Dorothy ends up turning into the Wicked Witch’s protege with yellow skin. HOW WILL I GO ON?!
- Twilight has turned into a ten novel, critically acclaimed, and beloved series, who could ever think that vampires who sparkle in the sun are anything but up to the level of storytelling of Jane Austen’s novels? (Says the beginning of a review in the New York Times.) Oh no, my worst nightmare!
- Gilmore Girls didn’t make it past the first ten episodes due to an unfortunate miscasting of Rory. Alexis Bledel was not able to make her audition since she unexpectedly broke her legs in an embarrassing accident kept out of the local paper. If you ever see a Luke’s Diner sign, please do me a favor and salute at what could have been.
Thank God none of this is true! How about you Timeless fans? What would your strangest consequences of time travel be?
Timeless airs Mondays at 10/9 c on NBC.