Be the change!
This November, from Image Comics and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, comes LIBERTY ANNUAL 2016. It will ship the night before the election, and is “a call to optimism that celebrates real people whose efforts changed the world.”
CBLDF Executive Director and LIBERTY ANNUAL 2016 co-editor Charles Brownstein says,
Our mission was to create a comic that is an honest tonic to the overwhelming negativity that defines our current cultural climate. With the creators in this book, we worked to inspire readers by telling true stories of people who made a difference in the world and who celebrate how each of us can be the change we want to make.
This year’s subjects include:
· Muhammad Ali by Paul Pope (Battling Boy)
· Louise Michel by Bryan and Mary Talbot (The Red Virgin)
· Gene Roddenberry by Dan Schkade (The Spirit)
· Jim Haynes by Joe Keatinge (SHUTTER) and Ken Niimura (I KILL GIANTS)
· Leo Burnett by Larry Marder (Beanworld) and Shannon Wheeler (God Is Disappointed in You)
· Ida Wells by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett (Boilerplate)
· Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges by Ron Wimberly (PRINCE OF CATS)
· Elizabeth Woodhull by Andrew Aydin (March) and Tim Fielder (Matty’s Rocket)
· Jane Addams by M.K. Reed (Americus) and Lisa Rosalie Eisenberg
By releasing LIBERTY ANNUAL 2016, Image Comics and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund hope to change the way we look at our place in the world and to show that we’re all connected and capable of making changes for the positive.
LIBERTY ANNUAL 2016 will hit stores November 2, 2016, and features two covers: Cover A, by Nate Powell, and Cover B, by Brandon Graham. Be sure to pick up your copy or copies to help the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund continue to protect First Amendment rights of comic book artists, writers, creators, and readers!