Here are 5 reasons Linda needs to make a return appearance to the show:
1. Linda Gray is funny. After watching her play the long-suffering Sue Ellen as well as the bitchy socialites for so many years, who knew that she could make us laugh.
2. Awesome chemistry with the actors and characters. As Gammy, Linda had tremendous chemistry with all the Significant Mother characters, lead and supporting. The viewer could definitely see her as Lydia’s (Krista Allen) mother and doting grandmother to apple of her eye, Nate (Josh Zuckerman).
3. To learn more about Gammy’s back story. With the few lines about Lydia’s father that Linda Gray said, viewers were left wondering about the state of Gammy’s own marriage. Did Gammy only stay with her late husband for Lydia’s sake and to honor the vows she made before God?
4. To hear Gammy’s cellphone ring tone. Okay to be honest, this has nothing to do with Linda Gray’s acting or the character of Gammy. But seriously, a cellphone that plays Hallelujah? A perfect choice for the Southern church going matriarch. Kudos to creators and writers Erin Cardillo and Richard Keith.
5. To meet Gammy’s fiancé Jeremiah. Since Gammy stated her intention to never marry again after the death of Lydia’s father, fans are curious to see the man who stole her heart. Plus, a double date with Lydia, Jimmy, Gammy and Jeremiah would be an episode ripe with comic possibilities.
Erin Cardillo and Richard Keith created another winning character for the Significant Mother universe. And the perfect actress was cast to play her. Linda Gray’s deserves more than a one-shot episode. Here’s hoping viewers will get to see her and Gammy again.
Significant Mother airs Mondays at 9:30/8:30c on The CW.