Bleached out hair, frosted tips, and matching velour jumpsuits. Know what they all have in common? They’re from the 90’s and not the better half of the 90’s the “note to self, burn those photos, never do that again” 90’s, but wait, it gets better. Not only are these memories embedded into our brains (no matter how hard we try to forget), we get to relive them in our favorite guilty pleasure movies.
Let’s take a trip down memory lane. To remember that the 90’s weren’t always bad, in fact they taught us some pretty great life lessons that looking back, I wish I paid more attention to.
1. Don’t be afraid to be yourself and don’t apologize for it either. Just take it from Laney Boggs, it’s better to be yourself than be a sellout.
2. Life’s too short to be serious all the time.
3. True love does exist, sometimes you just have to wait for that feeling.
4. They showed us that chivalry isn’t dead.
5. You’re never too young to realize some hardcore truth.
6. You’re stronger than you think and deserve more than you may believe. Don’t let others take that away from you.
7. As scary as it is, sometimes it’s okay to let your walls down. You never know what might be waiting for you on the other side. (You know like Freddie Prinze Jr.)
8. At the end of the day, your best friends are all you need.
9. And finally…there’s nothing a well choreographed dance, at the high school prom can’t fix. I mean come on…
Am I right or what?